ID Card Center



The MCAS New River ID Card Center is located in Bldg. AS-122 on Bancroft St. and is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. The IDCC is closed on all federal holidays.

Walk-in service is available on a limited basis. Appointments are highly encouraged and should be made in advance. Appointments can be made online at




Keep in mind other ID Card Centers may have different policies and procedures depending on time of day, Branch of Service, or specifically the type of card that you are inquiring about. 

All DoD Uniformed Service members enrolling Dependents have 30 days to do so in addition to the following details.

Sponsors are required to be present at time of enrollment and issuances unless an original Power of Attorney is presented or a Verified DD Form 1172 is picked up at a DEERS/Rapids Site and either faxed from that site to this DEERS/Rapids Office or the original is provided to the Dependent for issuance.



Things to know
Collapse All Expand All

All Sponsors, Dependents and eligible dependent children Age 21+ are required to have two forms of Federal / Government Issued Identification one must contain a photo at time of enrollment and/or update in addition to all other documentation; i.e.; Current ID, current Driver's License, Social Security, Birth Certificate**.

Spouse: Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card and current photo ID. 

Child: Birth Certificate or Mother’s Hospital Birth Copy and Social Security Card, If the social security card is not available a temporary number will be generated (the original social security card must be presented to DEERS within 90 days to update Tri-Care status). Contact the nearest ID Card Center for further details concerning single parents. 

Stepchild: Parent’s Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card. Stepchild can only be listed under one Military Member for benefits, see your local Representative for clarification.

To replace a lost/stolen Common Access Card (CAC) or Teslin Card you must bring to the ID Card Center a Lost/Stolen statement. Lost ID statements can be picked up from the reception desk at the ID Card Center.

Must bring a 50 state background check dated within the last thirty 30 days and the company contract to receive a replacement ID card.

Promotions are not in the DEERS system the first ten working days of the month, a copy of the warrant or message is required for promotion updates into DEERS.

Unsure what documentation is required? Contact our office at 910-4494774 Card Center because all customers are served on a case-by-case basis. Here are just a few:

Extension/Reenlistment/Medical Extension: Original or Certified True Copy with Signature of Extension/Reenlistment Contract. Medical Extensions (Marine Corps require a 3270 read out that show (999999).
Activation/Deactivation: Orders (cannot be added to DEERS/Rapids until the Effective Date of Orders)/DD Form 214 (Member 4)

End of Active Service (EAS)/Discharge: DD Form 214 (Member 4)

TA/TAMP Eligible: DD Form 214 (Member 4)

Uniform of the Day or Proper Civilian Attire for all Active, Selected Reserve, and participating IRR to include must be within grooming standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact our office or your local ID Card Center for eligibility. If MCAS New River is not the closest to you, you can go online to locate the nearest DEERS/Rapids Site at:



MCAS New River DEERS/ID Card Office

Building AS-122 on Bancroft Street

Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday

Closed on Federal Holidays

Appointments can be scheduled at

We have limited walk-in service.  Please call in advance before making a long drive to our facility.


(910) 449-4774