Public Notice: ID Card Center holiday operating schedule
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, the New River ID Card Center will be open until noon Wednesday, Nov. 25 and closed Thursday, Nov. 26 and Friday, Nov. 27. As always, it is recommended that you call the ID Card Center before visiting to ensure the office is open and that the DEERS system is functioning properly. The New River ID Card Center phone number is (910) 449-7695/5427.
Public Notice: Thanksgiving Day meal in air station and base mess halls
In accordance with MCO 10110.14M (Chapter 5) and approval from the Installation Commander, dependents of Marines and Sailors, Military Retirees, and Guests of Marines and Sailors are authorized to partake in the Thanksgiving Day meal on Thursday, Nov. 26 in all Mess halls on the air station and Camp Lejeune, with the exception of the Regional Detainee Facility mess hall. The meal hours for the Thanksgiving dinner brunch are:
- (1600-1730) for 303, Barker Road, in French Creek area.
- (1500-1800) for 420, Gonzales Boulevard, in French Creek area.
- (1600-1730) for M455 Camp Johnson.
- (1600-1730) for 128, Main side. ("A" street)
- (1500-1630) for 521, Main side. ("O" street)
- (1600-1730) for 411 Main side. ("L" street)
- (1530-1700) for BB125 Courthouse Bay.
- (1530-1700) for AS4013 New River.
- (1600-1730) for G640 Camp Geiger.
- (1530-1630) for RR135 Rifle Range.
- (1600-1730) for WC-100, Wallace Creek area.
- (1600-1900) for 227, Main side. ("D" street)
- (1600-1730) for FC-65, Gonzales Boulevard Ext. in French Creek area.
The Thanksgiving menu includes: Roast Turkey, Roast Beef, Baked Ham, Pineapple Sauce, Fruit Cup, Deviled Eggs, Mashed Potatoes, Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Cornbread Dressing, Corn, Peas W/Mushrooms, Fruit Salad, Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Pie, Assorted Fruit Pies, and Chilled Eggnog.
The Meal price is $9.05 for all personnel, with the dependents of E-4 and below authorized to pay the discount rate of $6.80.
Public Notice: Station commander hosted town hall meeting Nov. 3
The commanding officer of Marine Corps Air Station New River, Col. Timothy M. Salmon, hosted a town hall meeting for service members, DoD employees and their families Nov. 3 at 6:30 p.m., at the Air Station Theater. The meeting featured a panel of subject matter experts who addressed issues such as ongoing construction, housing, base schools, medical and Marine Corps Community Services.
If you were unable to attend the town hall meeting, you can watch the entire meeting on the Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System at: https://www.dvidshub.net/video/432209/