The New River Tax Center is currently closed for the 2015 tax season. However, you may contact Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune's Tax Center which is open year round at (910) 451-3030 or 3439.
Free Tax Preparation Services Information Update
- Who: Service members, retirees, and their families.
- What: Free preparation assistance and electronic filing for basic state and federal tax returns.
- Where: Building AS-216 2nd Deck entrance on the east side of the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate and next to MAG-26 HQ
- When: 20 Jan 2016 to 22 April 2016
- TIME 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday for walk-ins. Fridays: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. walk-in.
In order to receive assistance, patrons must complete a CLIENT INTAKE FORM which includes a checklist of required information and documents (see below). The CLIENT INTAKE FORM is available by CLICKING HERE; copies of the FORM are also available at the Tax Center.
CHILDREN: Tax center will accommodate children but waiting area and seating is limited. (Children must be supervised at all time) The Child Development Center is also available (910-449-6712) for Drop-In Care.
Required Items / General Guidelines Checklist:
Applicable To All
• Military ID Card
• Your Social Security Card
• Social Security Cards, or ITIN number for ALL dependents, including spouse, to be claimed on tax return
• W-2 (wages or salaries from all employment throughout the year)
• Bank Account Information to electronically file (in the form of voided check, deposit slip or electronic bank statement)
• Last year’s tax return (not necessary, however will greatly assist to expedite the return process)
• Any additional information you think will help properly prepare your tax return
• Pension and/or IRA distribution (1099)
• Social Security or Railway Retirement
• Disability Income
Home Owners / Self-Employed
• Home Mortgage Payments (1098)
• All rental property information
• Self-Employment Expenses
• Child/Dependent Care Expenses
• Estimated tax payments
Miscellaneous / If Applicable
• Power of Attorney if spouse is not present
• Other income (e.g. - gambling winnings, awards, prizes, jury duty)
• Charitable Contributions
• Education Expenses (for students; 1098T)
• Interest from Checking or Saving Accounts, Bonds, CD or Brokerage Accounts
• Dividend Information
• State Tax Refund, if itemized last year
• For state Tax return, County and School District