The Tax Center is correctly closed for the 2014 season, however you may contact Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune's Tax Center which is open year round at (910) 451-3030 or 3439
Free Tax Preparation Services Information Update
- Who: Service members, retirees, and their families.
- What: Free preparation assistance and electronic filing for basic state and federal tax returns.
- Where: Building AS-216 2nd Deck entrance on the east side of the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate and next to MAG-26 HQ
- When: 20 Jan 2015 to May 29, 2015
- TIME 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday for walk-ins. Fridays: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. walk-in for single servicemembers only and married servicemember must make an appointment!
In order to receive assistance, patrons must complete a CLIENT INTAKE FORM which includes a checklist of required information and documents (see below). The CLIENT INTAKE FORM is available by CLICKING HERE; copies of the FORM are also available at the Tax Center.
CHILDREN: Tax center will accommodate children but waiting area and seating is limited. (Children must be supervised at all time) The Child Development Center is also available (910-449-6712) for Drop-In Care.
Required Items / General Guidelines Checklist:
Applicable To All
• Military ID Card
• Your Social Security Card
• Social Security Cards, or ITIN number for ALL dependents, including spouse, to be claimed on tax return
• W-2 (wages or salaries from all employment throughout the year)
• Bank Account Information to electronically file (in the form of voided check, deposit slip or electronic bank statement)
• Last year’s tax return (not necessary, however will greatly assist to expedite the return process)
• Any additional information you think will help properly prepare your tax return
• Pension and/or IRA distribution (1099)
• Social Security or Railway Retirement
• Disability Income
Home Owners / Self-Employed
• Home Mortgage Payments (1098)
• All rental property information
• Self-Employment Expenses
• Child/Dependent Care Expenses
• Estimated tax payments
Miscellaneous / If Applicable
• Power of Attorney if spouse is not present
• Other income (e.g. - gambling winnings, awards, prizes, jury duty)
• Charitable Contributions
• Education Expenses (for students; 1098T)
• Interest from Checking or Saving Accounts, Bonds, CD or Brokerage Accounts
• Dividend Information
• State Tax Refund, if itemized last year
• For state Tax return, County and School District
• Alimony Income