The Defense section provides the following legal services and advice:
1) Plan, coordinate, and conduct defense of clients facing special courts-martial, general courts-martial, and administrative discharge proceedings.
2) Provide legal counseling to personnel facing non-judicial punishment, summary courts-martial, request masts, competency review boards, and RCM 305 pretrial confinement hearings.
3) Represent clients during Article 32 proceedings.
4) Defend officers facing BOIs and Field Flight Performance Boards.
5) Seek clemency from convening authorities and address errors in post-trial documents.
6) Educate Marines and Sailors on fitness report and NJP rebuttals, BCNR and NDRB petitions, and administrative discharges.